The power saving Tips while using your solar power setup are as follows. Its important to make this a habit to derive best out of the solar system efficiency.
Some of the easy Power Saving Methods DIY tips
USE OF PEAK LOAD APPLIANCES DURING THE DAY THAT HELP IN POWER SAVING
- Switch to energy efficient appliances which has star rating for power saving
- Adjust the power load to minimize the concurrent load. Usually utility grid service providers charge on the maximum concurrent load used during different period of the day. It’s wise to use single appliance at a time to reduce concurrent loads.
- The easy way in hand is to make sure your panels are not obstructed by any objects to avoid shade, this drives efficeny up though not focused on power saving
- Periodically clean the panel surface that would generate rated power output from them.
- install timers to power these devices during the day which will enable power saving
MAKE RIGHT DECISIONS IN BULDING, OPERATING AND MAINTAINING SOLAR SETUP, HELPS IN POWER SAVING
- Select the right vendor or technician to install the solar panels to match the azimuth alignments as per local radiance availably from sun, do it right from begining itself that will help in power saving
- Position of the solar panels making sure they align to optimal reception of sun’s rays
- Plan and design the solar power setup considering the peak power requirement only and include 30 to 50% additional capacity panels
- Naturally insulate the rooms in the house there by power consumption during winters are reduced as well as during summers the leak of AC air is minimized.
- Look for energy efficient appliances as well as automate use of electrical appliances
- Perform periodic maintenance to minimize breakdown as well as improve longevity of power setup
SIMPLE LIFESTYLE MODIFICATIONS THAT CAN SAVE SOLAR ELECTRICITY THROUGH THIS POWER SAVING TIPS
- Make home automation on lights
- Maximum possible extent use natural light
- Use focus lamps for reading, specific to tasks you may perform
- Quicker wash in shower will save significant time as well as power
- Notice the unused wall sockets still drawing power to appliances for standby
- Move to LED screens than conventional CRTs, also lighter computing devices like laptops instead of desktops
- Use the thermostat in iron box, geyser, dryer effectively
- Focus on window insulations this will help to shield heat/cold when required
- Make sure to run appliances when it is loaded full to use the energy effectively. Avoid half loaded situations
- Wash clothes in room temperature water only and dry them manually in a hanger under sun
- Similarly dry the towel in a hanger under the sun
- Be sure to know the contents in the refrigerator, remove unwanted or spoilt food items
- Avoid multiple appliances in single home, like two televisions, two refrigerators. These only tempt to use them more often.
- Use the dish washer with room temperature mode
- Shift to microwave instead of using a oven or grill unless needed
- Feed the excess solar power to grid supplier and earn as per the tariff
- Shift to solar water heater